Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Change Your Thoughts: Change Your Life

"You can't speak what you haven't visualized."

Another statement that the Lord placed in my heart. 

When I opened my diary this morning, I saw that on June 13 I wrote that I need help with my words - with making confessions. I wrote that I had learned a lot  through various teachings and individuals about the subject. I asked God to help me do what I'd been learning. 

But I really couldn't say what I wasn't visualizing. I wasn't visualizing myself in positive situations, so the words couldn't really line up. I was speaking what I was visualizing. Or even if I didn't speak it (the negative), I couldn't say the positive because the negative imagery was still there. It's like even if I tried saying the positive thing, and God knows I've tried and have been trying, it just felt like I really wasn't making progress. 

The Lord opened my eyes recently one night before I fell asleep that I couldn't feel happy because I was always thinking about sad things. And so, now I have been working on thinking about happy things. And now since my mind is thinking about nice things, I am finding it easier to say nice things. 

If someone is sick and he can visualize himself as being well, he can begin to speak his healing into being. Even if he doesn't get well, I believe that just thinking about the possibility can give him comfort from the way he's feeling at the moment. The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity (Proverbs 18: 14). 

If you're in a job that's not so wonderful and you can visualize yourself being in a nicer job, you can begin to speak that nicer job into being. And then even if it never happens, you'd have been so busy thinking happy thoughts that you'd forget about your miserable situation. You could even decide to find some happy thoughts about the not so wonderful situation, and begin to give thanks, which will also boost your mood. 

But you've got to flip the script and find/create those happy thoughts. 

Happy thoughts will produce a happy life. And when you're happy, you'll speak and do happy things. And when you speak and do happy things for yourself and others, you'll continue the cycle of a happy life!

Before attempting anything though, please ask God to help you. You can read and listen to every advice there is out there, read what the Bible has to say and still not see any results. You just won't get it. Little by little, I see how God has allowed me to finally get it. And once you've got it, you can begin to do it. I couldn't do it because I hadn't gotten it. I have now and I hope you can too. Go ahead and ask God to help you change your life and change your thoughts. 

**** Note that it's important to understand other factors, such as the use of medications, that can affect you. I was taking a particular product that I think was affecting me negatively. I recently stopped taking the product and I am feeling a difference in my body. So before you beat up on yourself, it's useful to consider if meds you're taking could be interfering with your mood. Just thought I'd put that out there :)

4 comments:

  1. this is so true....we keep on saying this is bad or that is bad but we dont look on what is good about anything.....the glass half full instead of half empty....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. A change of perspective makes a big difference. Glad you could stop by! Comments make me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl ive been through the same thing and i told myself i am going to be happy no matter what and ive willed myself to smile and not allow anyone or sany situiation to make me mad and its a very nice place to be

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting, Stephanie. I'm really happy you could stop by :)

    ReplyDelete