Thursday, February 20, 2014

Don't Be A Crippled Christian: Set Your Hand To Something

You see different types of leaders in the Bible. There are those who just went ahead and did things (used their intellect); and those who received specific instructions on what to do directly from God. 

I was reading about Joseph for example, and how he handled the situation when the people ran out of food (Genesis 47: 14 - 26). And then on the other hand are men like Moses and Joshua who God gave specific instructions on what to do. For example, in Joshua 6 when Gold told Joshua that he was to take Jericho and how he was to do it. 

As far as I understand, I can either go ahead and decide that I am going to take a specific course of action; or I can receive specific instructions from God. I can also accept both. But essentially, I am 'free' to go ahead and do what I think is best in a given situation. 

I think this discovery answers my question about why is it that Christians seem to always be worried about being out of the will of God; whereas unbelievers go out and are unsuccessful.  

Christians become crippled by waiting to hear an audible voice from God, or a word from a prophet. Unbelievers don't believe in God so they don't feel a need to 'wait around' to hear anything. 

I was personally encouraged when I read about Uzziah and how the Bible says that as long as he sought God, He made him prosper (2 Chronicles 26: 5). That's all there is to it. You don't need to sit and wait around for a voice from heaven. Do what's in your heart to do. God promised that He would command the blessing upon all that you set your hand to (Deuteronomy 28: 8). 

So set your hand to something and see what happens! 

No comments:

Post a Comment