Friday, September 13, 2013

Why is this happening to me?

When the jailer, startled out of his sleep, saw that the prison doors were open, he drew his sword and was on the point of killing himself, because he supposed that the prisoners had escaped. (Acts 16:27 AMP)


I remember what my Pastor here said about a missionary being sick; they all prayed and prayed but nothing changed. She had to be hospitalized. While they visited her, there was a man who was also admitted to the hospital who saw them and asked them to come and visit him, too. When the woman was released, they still visited the man. He later became saved. A family member of the man was also saved. Another man who was staying in the same room told them, "Don't just pray for him. Pray for me, too." He and another family member also got saved. 

God used a negative situation - sickness - for His glory. He did the same in the case of Paul and Silas. The keeper of the prison got saved; he and his family. 

There are some situations that I really don't like. One of them is when I have 6 classes at elementary school. It can get pretty exhausting. (I intend to from now on however, speak those things that be not as though they were. Therefore, instead of talking about how exhausting it is, I'm going to start saying, "Nothing is too much for me. I run and never get weary. I walk and do not faint."). But I wonder what God would like to do through these uncomfortable situations. 

Paul and Silas prayed and sang praises. They got a breakthrough - literally! And it set the scene for God to work. It's good to remember these scriptures in tough times. Instead of whining and feeling sorry for myself, I need to praise and pray.

4 comments:

  1. I need to take your advice. It's been a hard road to travel, but here we are... Simply because of His grace and mercies!! Praise and Prayer! A great recipe in times of need!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe indeed. We just need to remember! We know it but often forget. Thanks for reading, girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know it sometimes seems like a big joke the journey God has us on. But has a fellow Jamaican who is also living in a foreign country and the treatment we recieve is so often hard to bare. Nevertheless God is able and He has a plan for all of us. So just like Paul and Silas we have to be bold to praise no matter how hard it seem and hurt us. Because it is through our praise and our obedience to God then we will see break through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Dr. Campbell. I'm so happy you could pass by. Thank you for your honest words. It is sometimes hard but indeed, if we remain faithful, we'll see our breakthrough.

    ReplyDelete