Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Why do you want that?


Over this past weekend, I found myself thinking of doing more with my life. Sometimes, many times actually, I would ponder if I'm doing enough. In some way, as a result of such thoughts, I have accepted more responsibilities such as teaching extra classes. I can remember how terrified I was when I was asked for the first time to teach someone's daughter. I was afraid I wouldn't know what to do and afraid of my free time being taken away. Oh, I thank God for growth!

A comment someone made caused me to have those thoughts again; wondering if I'm doing enough. I often look at other people and think they're doing so well. Sadly, the same thoughts seldom come to me about myself! I have realized this, however, and have tried to fix it. But sometimes as soon as you try to break away from something and grow into something new, setbacks will come chasing after you. The comment made was meant to encourage me, but because I am learning to reprogramme a negative mind where thoughts about myself is concerned, thoughts of how I'm not good enough began to enter my mind. 

As I fought back by thinking and saying positive and uplifting things about myself, the Holy Spirit also spoke this to my heart, "Doing more things is not going to make you happy if you're looking to find fulfillment in them." 

It is good to do things and to challenge yourself. I would have missed out on extra financial blessings if I didn't accept extra work. But if I can't find inner peace and joy that comes from knowing that I AM GOOD ENOUGH, them I'm still going to be miserable. My worth shouldn't be tied up in things. 

Whatever it is that I'm going to do, I need to ask myself why I'm doing it. Doing things can enhance my skills and and so on. But if I never do those things, I must still be able to love me just as I am. 

2 comments:

  1. Yes, the smallest action is often better than the greatest intention. Wise words, my friend. Always be content with yourself first before trying to fill the needs of others.

    ReplyDelete