Friday, November 1, 2013

Water Those Flowers

Since I figure that I'm on the road that I need to be on, and that I'm ok and on my way, and that I just need to keep moving, I really just want God to help me:

1. To take each day ONE DAY AT A TIME. 

2. To show love. 

I want to wake up, pray and know that although I might not feel well, the day will soon be over and God has given me new grace and mercies for the day. When I pray, I want to believe that power has been released and to be able to feel it. I want to understand that there is REAL power in the words of prayer. So when I say, "God please help me", I want it to be clear in my mind that God heard me and will help me. 

I want to be God's light everyday that I am out in those schools. I want to show love in the way that He has placed in my heart to that particular person who really needs it. I know they are there. I realize there are days I am tired and feel overwhelmed by the responsibilities I have but I still want to know that I made a difference to someone's life by my presence. It must be made clear to me that I had a positive impact on someone. I pray that God would make me see that I am making a difference and the way I made the difference. 

I've been watering some flowers at one of my schools since I started going there in April. I started watering them when one morning as I changed into my indoor shoes, I happened to see that they were drying up. I gave them some water and their appearance changed the next time I went to the school! The leaves were perky! I felt as though God told me that they were to become my responsibility. That is, I should water them whenever I went there. God often speaks to my heart through things like that. So although I couldn't see how watering flowers could be of any value to me, I obeyed. I have ensured that I water them while I'm there. In a way though, I'd often think that in the same way I'm watering them, I can also water someone's life. 

Yesterday the secretary called my attention to them. She was showing me how one of them was blooming. Later in the day she was also telling the man who does repairs/clean up at the school how the flowers I've been watering are blooming. He went and looked at them and told me, "Good job". 

They are just flowers. But because I'd been giving them water, they were now blooming. They went from drying up to blooming. And I had a hand in it.



My desire is to do the same in the life of someone.

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment