Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Our New Car, Being Stopped by Japanese Police and Casting Your Cares


Guess who now has a car... Praise the Lord great things He has done. A car to take us around, giving us so much more independence and comfort... :) :)


So, on our very first 'trip' in our car (hubby came to pick me up from work), we were subjected to questioning from the police. According to them, they were curious... the license plate is from another city. (We just purchased the vehicle; the paperwork to change license etc. have not been dealt with yet). But I say, their so-called reason is rubbish.

Had it not been two (black) foreigners in the car, they wouldn't have bothered us. We could have been tourists. I thought to myself that what if we had driven to some other place in Japan for a visit? Am I then supposed to be nervous about being stopped because our license plate is different? Can you see how it doesn't make any sense?! And hubby said that they did it quite often, stop the black man riding his bicycle.

May this anger not stay with me. Lord, please help me not to remain upset. When I'm driving in the vehicle that You have blessed me with, I shouldn't have to feel nervous and uncomfortable. It's not fair and it's not right.... It makes me think about the persons in a certain country, a name I will not call, who have to face this sort of thing and worse because of the color of their skin. People should not have to live in that state of fear!

In all fairness, this sort of thing happens in Jamaica all the time. People are stopped by the police for insane reasons and made to even pay tickets which are quite questionable...

In other 'news', I'm sort of in one of those seasons where the expenses are more than what is available to take care of them. Ever been in one of those? I have been feeling overwhelmed as a result. But I have been remembering a preacher (Joyce Meyers is her name) who spoke about the rough years in her life - years when she had to depend on God to meet their monthly needs. She spoke about how she would sit and worry about their bills; while her husband would simply 'cast his cares'. I thought to myself, how I could develop that 'cast your cares attitude'. I decided to say a prayer:

Dear Lord. I am really overwhelmed by the expenses ahead. I feel angry too. I have faithfully saved. And even as I note that, I am reminded that I have faithfully tithed too. And according to your word, I am to receive an outpouring of blessings that I will not have room to contain. Lord let this anxiety, worry and fear not stay with me. I am imagining looking back at this time and saying to myself, see how I was worrying for nothing. Thank you for your provision, mercy, favor and grace. This I pray in Jesus' name. Amen.

Well, I prayed that prayer in simple, child-like faith. Perhaps you need to say a prayer of your own for whatever thing you may be facing in your life right now. Prayer is the easiest thing to do, but sometimes we don't really do it. I guess it seems too simple for the 'big' problem we seem to be facing. But it is the best thing we can do, and really should be our first line of action.

Thanks as always for reading. See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment