Sunday, May 25, 2014

Lord Help Me Believe!

Caleb's faith was so amazing. He was full of faith when he and the other men went to spy out the promised land. He returned with a positive report. "Let us go up at once and possess it", he said. "For we are well able to overcome it" (Numbers 13: 30). Because he believed God, he was allowed to enter the promised land.

Image from minsmash.com

Now in Joshua 14, he went to Joshua to ask for the land that was promised him. He spoke so confidently as well, saying how he is as strong now as he was then (at the time he had gone to spy out the land). He's now 85 and he was 40 years old then.

But what is more is the fact that his faith was unchanged. Even though the land he was claiming wasn't free from troubles, he said he still believed that he could conquer it because the Lord was with him. "Now therefore give me this mountain, whereof the Lord spake in that day; for thou heardest in that day how the Anakims were there, and that the cities were great and fenced. If so be the Lord will be with me, then I shall be able to drive them out, as the Lord said" (Joshua 14: 12).

When the Lord says it, it shall be so. But it can only be so if you're willing to believe it.

Lord help me believe!


Sadly, I haven't been believing for much; and I realized this recently. There's a level of vulnerability that comes with believing. What if I believe and I don't get what I want? What if I have to wait for long?

I've asked God to help me not let fear keep me from believing. And I encouraged myself by saying, "Don't bury your dreams because you're too scared to believe them, that they'll come to pass. Bring them back to the forefront of your mind".

Do you have some dreams that you've buried? If you've buried your dreams, it's time to dig 'em up!



No comments:

Post a Comment