Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Enjoying the Seasons in Your Life

Before I write about the meat of today's post, I want to rant a little.

My morning's devotional was about enjoying your spouse. I thought to myself that such thoughts do not always form a part of my regular thinking because of thoughts of work. The demands from work are too demanding! Get up in the morning, work on my mind. Go to work and get to work with work on my mind. At work doing the work with work on my mind. Reach home, have dinner, spend whatever time with hubby, go to bed with work on my mind. No sah! That's crazy and not funny. 

Why should life be this way? These are things I don't like. There's a typhoon. What do people do? Go out to work anyways. Dem sinting deh just nuh normal. Why not first of all for the sake of safety stay home? One day away from work to rest, take care of your body, enjoy your family and eat your food without a hurry is going to kill you? Not to mention there might be limitations on what you could do for the day at work in any case? Why this belief that "I must work cost it what it may"? Sigh, sigh and sigh. 

How about you, guys? If you could count the times you thought about what you could do to bless your spouse and enjoy their presence, do those moments surpass the many other things you have on your mind? These are the important things in life, the things of value but sadly they're more often than not at the bottom of our to-do lists. 

So, now that that's off my chest (LOL) let's talk about enjoying the seasons in your life. 

Hubby and I have been blessed with a really inexpensive place to live. I mean really and truly. When I share with others how much we pay they are usually surprised. I paid our rent to our landlady yesterday. As I walked away from her house, I thought about how we're really going to miss it if/when we should have to move. We've been able to save a lot, you know. I started teaching a student last year about this time, too. But now he'll be moving on. There were evenings I'd be coming home tired and would rather not have a class. But it's good that I made the most of it because now it's over. 

The house is comfortable except for the little things like feeling extra cold in the winter and the occasional creepy-crawlies that appear in the summer. (My Facebook family, y'all remember me bawling about an 'hebalasting' [everlasting] spider that was in the house and how I was hoping it wouldn't move until  hubby got home? LOL!!). 

God help me to give thanks for the time we have in it and enjoy the blessings that come from living there. 

Bless unnu!

No comments:

Post a Comment