Saturday, January 17, 2015

When God Won't Allow You To Quit

Yesterday I just felt like shouting, "Why won't God make me quit!"

Sometimes you want to do something so badly, but you just know deep down that is not what God wants you to do, and it's so frustrating! Why won't God make me quit!

You know, these days people like to talk about living life on your own terms. Well, I don't think that for the Christian man or woman it is that simple. God gave us desires, yes. But once we've gone down the pathway of surrendering to His will, it brings us to the point of having to give up those things that we'd prefer, to holding on to those things that we believe He would have us hold on to. As hard as that sometimes is!

I remember a minister shared that she didn't want anything that God didn't want for her. I remember that I have also asked God the same thing. Even if it's going to make my flesh miserable, if God doesn't want something for me, I don't want it. I mean, "I" do want it! The "fleshly me" wants it. But the "Spirit of God in me" doesn't want to have it if it is not to be. Scream!

Can you tell that I am frustrated? Sigh. Oh, well. Surrendering to the will of God is no easy thing. When you've successfully made it thorough each day however, knowing that you did what you felt was the right thing to do, as hard as it was doing it, I suppose that that is reason to rejoice.

No comments:

Post a Comment