Monday, December 1, 2014

Make Your Wants/Thoughts Known To The Lord

A few days ago, a teacher asked me what it is that I am always writing. LOL. I told her that I write about my thoughts, dreams and other things. She told me that it is easy for her to talk about what she feels. I told her that it is easier for me to write my thoughts. I shared with her that expressing my thoughts verbally is something that I'm trying to work on. She said that she's often wondered what people truly feel - people who don't express themselves.

I thought about our conversation and said to myself, God must be saying the same thing, too. He must want to hear what I'm thinking. Of course, He knows all my thoughts, but He wants me to TALK to Him. I need to let my wants, desires and thoughts known to Him.

I have trouble expressing myself generally, and I take that same approach in my relationship with God. Some time ago, I was talking to the Lord asking Him what he wanted me to do with my life. I felt like He asked me, "What do you want to do?" I didn't really have an answer.

I think I'm getting better at it though. The first step in growing is recognizing that you have a problem and then taking steps to correct it. That's how we grow.

I still have to work hard at saying what's on my mind and letting God know (verbally) what it is that I'd like Him to do.

Perhaps you have the same problem. Perhaps, it comes from feeling as if there is no use in asking, God won't hear or answer. But that's not true. God does hear us when we pray. He hears every prayer and He sees every tear. He might not answer us the way in which we hoped, but the answer He provides will always be what is best for us.



No comments:

Post a Comment