Saturday, November 1, 2014

Forget Not All Of His Benefits

Before going to bed one night, I picked up the Bible and randomly flipped the pages. Psalm 103 was the scripture I read. 

It was a reminder to bless the Lord. It was a reminder to not forget all His benefits. 

He forgives. He heals. He redeems. He extends mercy. He satisfies us with good things. 

While at work the next day, I tried to reflect on the good things that God has brought into my life. My journey here in Japan. My husband. Being able to help others. 

It helps to make a day less 'miserable' when one can reflect on past blessings. It's easy to forget them, especially in seemingly dark moments. But even dark moments seem not so dark when you can recall good things. 

This reflection was particularly good for me because I reflected on how I even got to Japan. I know it was of the Lord's doing. He made the way available and provided the finances through the generosity of family and friends. It was good for me to remember this because I have been feeling like I don't want to be here anymore. It can be overwhelmingly lonely. 

Remembering that it was God who took me here, gives me the confidence to know that He will keep me. It is an empowering feeling knowing that He is on your side and He is your sustainer. 

I was glad therefore, for the reminder to not forget all His benefits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment